Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hot Toddy Recipe

Drink: Hot Toddy
Type: Tea / Alcoholic
Description: Soothing

It's definitely hot toddy season, especially with this recent cold front. Between the winter weather and the cold I've been suffering from, this hot toddy has been my go-to drink. There are a million ways to make a toddy, this just happens to be my favorite: 

Recipe


1 oz. whiskey
8 oz. black tea
1 T. honey
fresh lemon

Brew tea. Steep 1 t. dry tea leaves in 8 oz. hot water for 3-5 minutes. While steeping, add about 1 T. honey, 1 oz. whiskey, and a slice of fresh lemon to a mug. When tea is finished brewing, add to the mug, stirring to mix honey and whiskey in the tea. Sip and enjoy. 



I like to choose my whiskey based on the tea that I'm using. My preferred tea for a hot toddy is Cream Royal Black Tea, with which I like to use American Honey or Jameson. A more floral tea, like Earl Grey, would pair better with a bourbon. I like the creaminess and smooth flavor that comes with the Cream Royal tea combined with the spiciness in Jameson and smoothness of American Honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment