Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cream Royal

Drink: Cream Royal
Type: Black Tea
From: The Blue Teapot
Price: $4.10 per 50g
Description: Delightful

This tea gets rave reviews every time I serve it. It's creamy and smooth, but light and tasty at the same time. Fresh, it gives off the aroma of vanilla and something warm. It may seem ridiculous to order tea from Canada, but this is totally worth it. This was the first true loose-leaf tea I tried. While vacationing in Vancouver, B.C., I discovered this wonderful teashop full of quality teas. The Blue Teapot. The name of this tea intrigued me, and it was the first I smelled. As soon as it's light tones reached my nose, I was completely hooked. 

The drink: warm, robust, calming, and sweet. 

It goes wonderful with any morning or afternoon meal. It especially pairs well with scones and tea cookies. It elevates an afternoon tea to a royal tea and goes well with a champagne luncheon. If you're looking to impress someone with quality taste in teas, this is absolutely the tea for you. I appreciate it's ability to be re-used as well. Most quality loose-leaf teas can be reused 3-4 times (after the first, it looses its caffeination), and this one holds up well to re-use. 





*To brew: 1 tsp. per 8 oz. water. Brew 3-5 minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good but I need decaf. Keep me in mind for iced or hot teas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie - you can decaffeinate tea by letting it "brew" in hot water for one minute, then throwing that water out. All subsequent brewing will be caffeine free! (That's what I do frequently so as not to overkill on caffeine, especially in the evening!) Be on the lookout for another tea post soon about a naturally caffeine-free rooibos tea! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete