Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blueberry Matcha Latte

Drink: Blueberry Matcha Latte
Type: Green Tea Latte
From: Headrush Roasters
Price: $4.49
Description: Unique

 While not technically coffee, this beverage is made as a latte complete with frothy smoothness. It's made with matcha - a very fine Japanese green tea known for it's health benefits and natural ability to work well in cooking and beverages. Traditionally it was served in ceremony, but with a burgeoning popularity has found itself in cookies, smoothies, scones, and lattes.

The barista at Headrush, located on North Oak Trafficway, suggested this due to it's overall popularity, and after tasting it I can see why.

The drink: fruity, sweet, light, warm.

The blueberry aroma and the greenness from the matcha is the first things you notice before even sipping the sweet froth and enjoying the smooth and light green tea and blueberry flavors. It wasn't heavy or too strongly flavored (and went really well with my chocolate chip orange scone). I imagine it would be awesome iced. Next time I think I'll try it with the lavender syrup (I am a sucker for lavender).


No comments:

Post a Comment