Thursday, May 15, 2014

Old Fashioned 2

Drink: Old Fashioned
Type: Alcoholic
From: Westport Cafe & Bar
Price: $8
Description: Strong*

I love this restaurant: it's vintage looking (with my favorite type of light fixtures - yes, I have favorites), and has a great menu (seriously - get the bar hamburger). I couldn't help but try my favorite cocktail, especially when the house makes it with Old Overholt Rye Whiskey.

The drink: strong, sharp, aromatic, citrusy.

The first thing I noticed about this cocktail was the fresh citrus from the orange peel. It was perfectly matched with the bitters, sugar, and whiskey. It's one of the better old fashioneds (and more authentic) I've had around town, and I definitely recommend it.




*Switching from grades to descriptions to better clarify each beverage. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment